- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (89%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Stk39 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human Stk39.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 360 - 410 of Stk39.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Stk39 antibody can be used for detection of Stk39 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: Stk39 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Stk39 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stk39 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STK39
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Stk39 Antibody: DCHT, PASK, SPAK, DCHT, Ste-20-related kinase
- Protein Accession Number: NP_037365
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 115430252
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27347
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Stk39 Antibody: The serine/threonine kinase Stk39 belongs to the STE20 family, a group of kinases that are known to interact with inflammation-related kinases (such as p38, JNK, NKCC1, PKC-theta, WNK and MLCK), and with transcription factor AP-1. The STE 20 family is involved in diverse biological phenomena, including cell differentiation, cell transformation/ proliferation, cytoskeleton rearrangement, and the regulation of ion transporters. STK39 contains an N-terminal series of proline and alanine repeats (PAPA box), followed by a serine/threonine kinase catalytic domain and is abundantly expressed in the brain. STK39 is activated in response to hypotonic stress, leading to phosphorylation of several cation-chloride-coupled co-transporters. The catalytically active kinase specifically activates the p38 MAP kinase pathway, and its interaction with p38 decreases upon cellular stress, suggesting that this kinase may serve as an intermediate in the response to cellular stress. Recent studies show that STK39 tend to be a novel candidate gene for autism and hypertension.
- 1: Johnston AM, Nacelli G, Gonzales LJ, et al. SPAK, a STE20/SPS1-related kinase that activates the p38 pathway. Oncogene2000; 19:4290-7.
- 2: Li Y, Hu J, Vita R, et al. SPAK kinase is a substrate and target of PKCtheta in T-cell receptor-induced AP-1 activation pathway. EMBO J.2004; 23:1112-22.
- 3: Gagnon KB, England R, and Delpire E. Characterization of SPAK and OSR1, regulatory kinases of the Na-K-2Cl cotransporter. Mol. Cell Biol.2006; 26:689-98.
- 4: Dan I, Watanabe NM, and Kasumi A. The Ste20 group kinases as regulators of MAP kinase cascades. Trends Cell. Biol.2001; 11:220-30.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4867
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin