- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: STIM1 antibody was raised against a 24 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human STIM1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of STIM1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: STIM1 antibody can be used for detection of STIM1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of STIM1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect only the larger form. This STIM1 antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to STIM2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1409 - Mouse Thymus Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 59, 75, 87 kDa
Observed: 88 kDa
- PURIFICATION: STIM1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: STIM1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: STIM1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STIM1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: STIM1 Antibody: GOK, TAM, IMD10, D11S4896E, GOK, Stromal interaction molecule 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003147
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21070997
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6786
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- STIM1 Antibody: In T lymphocytes, the sole pathway for Ca2+ entry following antigen-receptor binding is through store-operated Ca2+-release-activated Ca2+ (CRAC) channels. These channels are made up of the pore-forming subunit ORAI1 and the stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1), a protein that functions as a Ca2+ sensor and activates the CRAC channels, migrating to the plasma membrane from endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-like sites which act as the Ca2+ store. A related molecule, STIM2, acts to inhibit the STIM1-mediated store-operated Ca2+ entry, and can form complexes with STIM1, suggesting they may play a coordinated role in controlling Ca2+ entry.
- 1: Luik RM and Lewis RS. New insights into the molecular mechanisms of store-operated Ca2+ signaling in T cells. Trends Mol. Med. 2007; 13:103-7.
- 2: Feske S, Gwack Y, Prakriya M, et al. A mutation in Orai1 causes immune deficiency by abrogating CRAC channel function. Nature 2006; 441:179-85.
- 3: Zhang SL, Yu Y, Roos J, et al. STIM1 is a Ca2+ sensor that activates CRAC channels and migrates from the Ca2+ store to the plasma membrane. Nature 2005; 437:902-5.
- 4: Spassova MA, Soboloff J, He L-P, et al. STIM1 has a plasma membrane role in the activation of store-operated Ca2+ channels. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2006; 103:4040-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4119
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.