- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: STEAP3 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human STEAP3.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of STEAP3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: STEAP3 antibody can be used for detection of STEAP3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This STEAP3 antibody does not cross-react with other STEAP proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 55 kDa
Observed: 51 kDa
- PURIFICATION: STEAP3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: STEAP3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: STEAP3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STEAP3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: STEAP3 Antibody: STMP3, TSAP6, AHMIO2, dudlin-2, Metalloreductase STEAP3, Dudulin-2, hTSAP6
- Protein Accession Number: AAH95421
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 127801437
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55240
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- STEAP3 Antibody: The six-transmembrane epithelial antigen of prostate 3 (STEAP3) is a member of a family of metalloreductases identified as cell-surface antigens in prostate tissue. Similar to two other members of the STEAP family (STEAP 2 and STEAP4), STEAP3 promotes both iron and copper reduction. STEAP3 is highly expressed in hematopoietic tissues and colocalizes with the transferrin endosome. Overexpression of STEAP3 stimulates iron reduction; mice lacking STEAP3 are deficient in erythroid ferrireductase activity, suggesting that STEAP3 is an endosomal ferrireductase required for transferrin-dependent iron uptake in erythroid cells.
- 1: Ohgami RS, Campagna DR, Greer EL, et al. Identification of a ferrireductase required for efficient transferrin-dependent iron uptake in erythroid cells. Nat. Genet.2005; 37:1264-9.
- 2: Ohgami RS, Campagna DR, McDonald A, et al. The Steap proteins are metalloreductases. Blood2006; 108:1388-94.
- 3: Graham RM, Chua ACG, Herbison CE, et al. Liver iron transport. World J. Gastroenterol.2007; 13:4725-36.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4311
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.