- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 2 - Asp 149
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 18.1 kDa
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH 7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STMN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: STMN1, Stathmin, C1orf215, LAP18, OP18
- Protein Accession Number: NP_981946
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3925
- Stathmin (STMN1), a member of the stathmin family, is also known as Leukemia-associated phosphoprotein p18, Oncoprotein 18 (Op18), Phosphoprotein p19 (pp19), Protein Pr22 and pp17, which contains one SLD (stathmin-like) domain. The function of STMN1 as an important regulatory protein of microtubule dynamics has been well-characterized. Stathmin (STMN1) interacts with two molecules of dimeric α,β-tubulin to form a tight ternary complex called the T2S complex.One mole of STMN1 binds to two moles of tubulin dimers through the stathmin-like domain (SLD).When STMN1 sequesters tubulin into the T2S complex, tubulin becomes non-polymerizable. Without tubulin polymerization, there is no microtubule assembly.STMN1 also promotes microtubule disassembly by acting directly on the microtubule ends.
- 1: Jourdain L., et al., 1997, Biochemistry. 36(36):10817-21.
- 2: Rubin CI., et al., 2004, J Cell Biochem. 93(2):242-50.
- 3: Redeker V., et al., 2000, J. Biol. Chem. 275:6841-6849.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-705
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.