- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: STAT1 (Ab-727) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around aa.725~729 (P-M-S-P-E) derived from Human STAT1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000, Immunohistochemistry: 1:50~1:100
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of total STAT1 protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 91 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STAT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CANDF7, ISGF-3, STAT91, Osf2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_009330.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6274552
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6772
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by interferons (IFNs). Following type I IFN (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta) binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state. In response to type II IFN (IFN-gamma), STAT1 is tyrosine- and serine-phosphorylated. It then forms a homodimer termed IFN-γ-activated factor (GAF), migrates into the nucleus and binds to the IFN gamma activated sequence (GAS) to drive the expression of the target genes, inducing a cellular antiviral state.
- 1: Yuan ZM, et al. (1999) Nature. 399 (6738): 814-817. Schindler C, et al. (1992) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A 89:7836-7839. Strausberg R. L (2002) . Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 99:16899-16903. Quelle F. W., (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270:20775-20780.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-351
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.