- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the C-terminal region of rat stargazin, conjugated to keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody has been directly tested for reactivity in rat tissue. It is anticipated that the antibody will also work with mouse tissue based on the fact that this species has 100% homology with the amino acid sequence used as antigen.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 36
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stargazin antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Cacng2
- Protein Accession Number: O88602
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6685280
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 12300
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Stargazin is a member of the transmembrane AMPAR regulatory proteins (TARP) family and is involved in glutamate receptor trafficking. It has been recently demonstrated (Tomita et al., 2005; Priel et al., 2005) that the interaction between stargazin and AMPA receptors is critical for the correct localization of the receptors at the synapse. Phosphorylation of the stargazin protein at Thr 321 by Protein Kinase A regulates its interaction with PSD-95 and synaptic targeting of AMPA receptors (Choi et al., 2002).
- 1: Tomita S, Adesnik H, Sekiguchi M, Zhang W, Wada K, Howe JR, Nicoll RA, Bredt DS,(2005) Stargazin modulates AMPA receptor gating and trafficking by distinct domains. Nature 435: 1052-1058.
- 2: Priel A, Kolleker A, Ayalon G, Gillor M, Osten P, Stern-Bach Y. (2005) Stargazin reduces desensitization and slows deactivation of the AMPA-type glutamate receptors. J. Neurosci. 25, 2682–2686.
- 3: Choi, J, Ko J, Park E, Lee JR, Yoon J, Lim S, Kim E, Phosphorylation of stargazin by protein kinase A regulates its interaction with PSD-95.J Biol Chem. 2002 Apr 5;277(14):12359-63.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-182
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.