- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine
- IMMUNOGEN: This ST8SIA4 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 186-214 amino acids from the Central region of human ST8SIA4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 41 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ST8SIA4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CMP-N-acetylneuraminate-poly-alpha-2,8-sialyltransferase, 2499-, Alpha-2,8-sialyltransferase 8D, Polysialyltransferase-1, Sialyltransferase 8D, SIAT8-D, Sialyltransferase St8Sia IV, ST8SiaIV, ST8SIA4, PST, PST1, SIAT8D
- Protein Accession Number: Q92187
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2494834
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7903
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene catalyzes the polycondensation of alpha-2,8-linked sialic acid required for the synthesis of polysialic acid, a modulator of the adhesive properties of neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM1). The encoded protein, which is a member of glycosyltransferase family 29, is a type II membrane protein that may be present in the Golgi apparatus.
- 1: Johnson, M.P., et al. Hum. Genet. 126(5):655-666(2009)
- 2: Foley, D.A., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 284(23):15505-15516(2009)
- 3: Otowa, T., et al. J. Hum. Genet. 54(2):122-126(2009)
- 4: Sonuga-Barke, E.J., et al. Am. J. Med. Genet.Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 147B (8), 1359-1368 (2008) :
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 64-105
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.