- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SRSF3 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the center of human SRSF3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 80 - 130 of SRSF3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SRSF3 antibody can be used for detection of SRSF3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SRSF3 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 18 kDa
Observed: 19 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SRSF3 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SRSF3 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SRSF3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SRSF3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 3, Pre-mRNA-splicing factor SRP20, SFRS3, Splicing factor arginine/serine-rich 3, SRP20
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003008
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4506901
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6428
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SRSF3, a member of the serine/arginine (SR)-rich family of pre-mRNA splicing factors which constitute part of the spliceosome, may be involved in RNA processing in relation with cellular proliferation and/or maturation (1,2). Each of these factors contains an RNA recognition motif (RRM) for binding RNA and an RS domain for binding other proteins (3). The RS domain is rich in serine and arginine residues and facilitates interaction between different SR splicing factors. In addition to being critical for mRNA splicing, the SR proteins have also been shown to be involved in mRNA export from the nucleus and in translation (3,4).
- 1: Sen S, Jumaa H, and Webster NJ. Splicing factor SRSF3 is crucial for hepatocyte differentiation and metabolic function. Nat. Commun. 2013; 4:1336.
- 2: Gonçalves V, Matos P, and Jordan P. The beta-catenin/TCF4 pathway modifies alternative splicing through modulation of SRp20 expression. RNA 2008; 14:2538-49.
- 3: Tang Y, Horikawa I, Ajiro M, et al. Downregulation of splicing factor SRSF3 induces p53β, an alternatively spliced isoform of p53 that promotes cellular senescence. Oncogene 2013; 32:2792-8.
- 4: Jia R, Li C, McCoy JP, et al. SRp20 is a proto-oncogene critical for cell proliferation and tumor induction and maintenance. Int. J. Biol. Sci. 2010; 6:806-26.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8179
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin