- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SRPK1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human SRPK1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of SRPK1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SRPK1 antibody can be used for the detection of SRPK1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SRPK1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. Multiple isoforms of SRPK1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all except isoforms b and e. SRPK1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with SRPK2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1404 - Mouse Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-701 - Human Testis Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 54, 72, 91 kDa
Observed: 91 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SRPK1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SRPK1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SRPK1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SRPK1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SRSF protein kinase 1, Serine/arginine-rich protein-specific kinase 1, Serine/threonine-protein kinase SRPK1, SFRSK1, SR-protein-specific kinase 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003128
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 47419936
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6732
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SRPK1 and SRPK2, two Arginine/serine-rich (SR) protein-specific kinases constitute control circuits to regulate both constitutive and alternative pre-mRNA splicing and coordinate splicing with transcription in cells (1). They are highly specific for the phosphorylation of these RS proteins, and highly expressed in testis (1,2). SRPK1 plays a role in the condensation of sperm chromatin and controls the intranuclear distribution of splicing factors in interphase cells and the reorganization of nuclear speckles during mitosis (3,4).
- 1: Wang HY, Arden KC, Bermingham JR Jr, et al. Localization of serine kinases, SRPK1 (SFRSK1) and SRPK2 (SFRSK2), specific for the SR family of splicing factors in mouse and human chromosomes. Genomics 1999; 57:310-5.
- 2: Daub H, Blencke S, Habenberger P, et al. Identification of SRPK1 and SRPK2 as the major cellular protein kinases phosphorylating hepatitis B virus core protein. J. Virol. 2002; 76:8124-37.
- 3: Zhong XY, Ding JH, Adams JA, et al. Regulation of SR protein phosphorylation and alternative splicing by modulating kinetic interactions of SRPK1 with molecular chaperones. Genes Dev. 2009; 23:482-95.
- 4: Mavrou A, Brakspear K, Hamdollah-Zadeh M, et al. Serine-arginine protein kinase 1 (SRPK1) inhibition as a potential novel targeted therapeutic strategy in prostate cancer. Oncogene 2014 Nov 10. doi: 10.1038/onc.2014.360.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8435
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin