- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-sRANK-L antibody (3963) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the center of human sRANK-L.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 140-190 of sRANK-L.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.25-4 μg/mL; IHC: 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1304 - Human Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1404 - Mouse Liver Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 36kD
Observed: 36 kD
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 3): Anti-sRANK-L antibodies (3963) detected human sRANK-L recombinant protein at different concentrations.
Induced expression validation (Figure 6): sRANK-L expression detected by anit-sRANK-L antibodies (3963) was up-regulated after 18hr by extraction of upper jaw molars in rat osteogenic cells.
- ISOFORMS: Human sRANK-L has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (317aa, 35.5kD), isoform 2 (244aa, 27.7kD) and isoform 3 (270aa, 30.5kD). Mouse sRANK-L also has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (316aa, 35kD), isoform 2 (287aa, 32.3kD) and isoform 3 (199aa, 22.2kD). Rat sRANK-L has one isoform (318aa, 38.4kD). 3963 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: sRANK Ligand Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: sRANK Ligand Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: sRANK Ligand antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFSF11
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: sRANK Ligand Antibody: ODF, OPGL, sOdf, CD254, OPTB2, RANKL, TRANCE, hRANKL2, Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 11, Osteoclast differentiation factor, ODF
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003692
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4507595
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8600
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- sRANK Ligand Antibody: The receptor activator of NF-κB ligand (RANK-L) is a recently discovered member of the TNF-ligand family involved in the regulation of the T cell-dependent immune response, lymph node organogenesis and bone formation. RANK-L exists as both a normal, transmembrane form and a truncated, soluble form (sRANK-L), both of which can stimulate the receptor. Activation of T cells, such as by treatment with interleukin-7, induces RANK-L production and leads to an increase of osteoclast formation and bone loss. Finally, sRANK-L can activate the antiapoptotic kinase Akt through a signaling complex involving Src kinase and TRAF6, suggesting sRANK-L may also play a role in regulating apoptosis. This antibody will recognize both the soluble form and the uncleaved transmembrane form of RANK-L.
- 1: Wong, et al. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:25190-4.
- 2: Kong et al. Nature 1999; 397:315-23.
- 3: Weitzmann et al. Blood 2000; 96:1873-8.
- 4: Bharti et al. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 279:6065-76.
- 1: Hassan et al. Coordination of early cellular reactions during activation of bone resorption in the rat mandible periosteum: An immunohistochemical study. Heliyon. 2017;3(10):e00430. PMID: PMID: 29226261.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3963
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin