- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SQSTM1 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human SQSTM1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SQSTM1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-2 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL; IHC: 2-5 μg/mL;.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunofluorescence and Immunohistochemistry in human, mouse and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1201 – HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1203 – A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Cat. No. 1282 – 3T3/NIH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 48kD
Observed: 65 kD
KO Validation (Figure 1): Anti-SQSTM1 antibodies (5449) specificity was further verified by SQSTM1 specific knockout. SQSTM1 signal was not detected in SQSTM1 knockout HEK293T cells as compared to that in control wild type cells.
Induced Expression Validation (Figure 2): Raw 264.7 cells were treated with LPS (0.3 µg /mL) for different time period (0-24 hrs). SQSTM1 expression detected by anit-SQSTM1 antibodies (5449) was induced by LPS treatment and the expression levels were increased gradually over the period of 24 hrs.
- ISOFORMS: Human SQSTM1 has two isoforms, including isoform 1 (440aa, 47.7kD) and isoform 2 (356aa, 38.6kD). Mouse SQSTM1 also has two isoforms, including isoform 1 (442aa, 48.2kD) and isoform 2 (404aa, 44.2kD). Rat SQSTM1 has three isoforms, including isoform 1 (439aa, 47.7kD), isoform 2 (412aa, 45kD) and isoform 3 (234aa, 26.1kD). 5449 can detect the isoforms of human mouse and rat except the shortest rat isoform 3.
- PURIFICATION: SQSTM1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SQSTM1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SQSTM1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SQSTM1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SQSTM1 Antibody: p60, p62, A170, OSIL, PDB3, ZIP3, p62B, ORCA, Sequestosome-1, EBI3-associated protein of 60 kDa, EBIAP
- Protein Accession Number: Q13501
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74735628
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8878
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SQSTM1 Antibody: SQSTM1/p62 is an adapter protein which binds ubiquitin and regulates signaling cascades through ubiquitination. It may regulate the activation of NF-κB by TNF-α, nerve growth factor (NGF) and interleukin-1. SQSTM1/p62, a co-interacting protein of the atypical PKC isoforms, has a UBA domain at its C-terminal end, which binds non-covalently to polyubiquitin chain. SQSTM1's UBA domain is necessary for recruitment of polyubiquitin and aggresome formation. SQSTM1 may play a role in titin/TTN downstream signaling in muscle cells and may be involved in cell differentiation, apoptosis, immune response and regulation of K+ channels. Mutations in the ubiquitin-associated (UBA) domain of SQSTM1 commonly cause Paget's disease of bone since the UBA is necessary for aggregate sequestration and cell survival.
- 1: Seibenhener et al. Mol. Cell. Biol.2004; 24:8055-68.
- 2: Hocking et al. Hum. Mol. Genet.2002; 11:2735-9.
- 3: Rousiere et al. Best Pract. Res. Clin. Rheumatol.2003; 17:1019-41.
- 4: Layfield et al. Biochem. Soc. Trans.2004; 32:728-30.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5449
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805