- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat (100%).
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-SPT2 antibody (6305) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human SPT2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SPT2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-1 μg/mL; ICC: 10 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples; Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SPT2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with SPT1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3 (NIH) Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1219 - MCF7 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 63kD
Observed: 63 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 1) shows similar SPT2 expression profile in human cell lines detected by two independent anti-SPT2 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 6305 against C-terminus domain and 64-238 against central domain. SPT2 proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human SPT2 has one isoform (562aa, 63kD). Mouse SPT2 has one isoform (560aa, 63kD) and Rat SPT2 also has one isoform (560aa, 63kD). 6305 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: SPT2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SPT2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SPT2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SPTLC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SPT2 Antibody: LCB2, SPT2, HSN1C, LCB2A, NSAN1C, hLCB2a, KIAA0526, LCB2, Serine palmitoyltransferase 2, Long chain base biosynthesis protein 2, LCB 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004854
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4758668
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9517
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SPT2 Antibody: Serine palmitoyltransferase (SPT), which consists of two different subunits, is the key enzyme in sphingolipid biosynthesis. It converts L-serine and palmitoyl-CoA to 3-oxosphinganine with pyridoxal 5'-phosphate as a cofactor. SPT2 is the long chain base subunit 2 of mammalian serine palmitoyltransferase. SPT2 is catalytically active but needs its related protein SPT1 for its stabilization and anchoring the holoenzyme to the cytosolic face of the endoplasmic reticulum. As in the case with SPT1, mutations in the SPT2 gene can cause hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type I (HSAN-I), resulting from a loss of SPT activity as well as the accumulation of the atypical and neurotoxic sphingoid metabolite 1-deoxy-sphinganine.
- 1: Batheja et al. J. Histochem. & Cytochem. 2003; 51:687-96.
- 2: Nagiec et al. Gene 1996; 177:237-41
- 3: Yasuda et al. J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278:4176-83.
- 4: Rotthier et al. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2010; 87:513-22.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6305
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.