- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Spred1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of the human Spred1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 250 - 300 of Spred1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Spred1 antibody can be used for detection of Spred1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This Spred1 antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to Spred2 or Spred3.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 49 kDa
Observed: 498 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Spred1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Spred1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Spred1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SPRED1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Spred1 Antibody: NFLS, hSpred1, spred-1, Sprouty-related, EVH1 domain-containing protein 1, Spred-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_689807
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 22749221
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 161742
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Spred1 Antibody: The Ras-MAP kinase pathway is essential for the differentiation of neuronal cells and myocytes; it is inhibited by Spred1, a member of the Sprouty family of proteins. Spred1 acts by suppressing the phosphorylation and activation of Raf. The Spred proteins have also been implicated in the negative feedback regulation of FGF signaling in embryogenesis and angiogenesis. Further studies have shown that expression levels of Spred1 and Spred2 proteins are inversely correlated with the incidence of tumor invasion and metastasis in human hepatocellular carcinoma (HHC), suggesting that these proteins could be useful as prognostic factors and therapeutic targets in HCC. Defects in this gene are a cause of neurofibromatosis type 1-like syndrome (NFLS).
- 1: Wakioka T, Sasaki A, Kato R, et al. Spred is a Sprouty-related suppressor of Ras signalling. Nature 2001; 412:647-51.
- 2: Minowada G, Jarvis LA, Chi CL, et al. Vertebrate Sprouty genes are induced by FGF signaling and can cause chondrodysplasia when overexpressed. Development 1999; 126:4465-75.
- 3: Lee SH, Schloss DJ, Jarvis L, et al. Inhibition of angiogenesis by a mouse sprouty protein. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:4128-33.
- 4: Yoshida T, Hisamoto T, Akiba J, et al. Spreds, inhibitors of the Ras/ERK signal transduction, are dysregulated in human hepatocellular carcinoma and linked to the malignant phenotype of tumors. Oncogene 2006; 25:6056-66.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4843
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.