- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This SPHK1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 59-89 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human SPHK1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:100
For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 43 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SPHK1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Sphingosine kinase 1, SK 1, SPK 1, SPHK1, SPHK, SPK
- Protein Accession Number: Q9NYA1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 17369329
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8877
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Sphingosine Kinase (SphK) catalyzes the phosphorylation of the lipid sphingosine, creating the bioactive lipid sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P). S1P subsequently signals through cell surface G protein-coupled receptors, as well as intracellularly, to modulate cell proliferation, survival, motility and differentiation. SphK is an important signaling enzyme which is activated by diverse agents, including growth factors that signal through receptor tyrosine kinases, agents activating G protein-coupled receptors, and immunoglobulin receptors. Two SphK isotypes, SphK-1 and SphK-2, have been cloned, and both isotypes are ubiquitously expressed. SphK-1 has been shown to mediate cell growth, prevention of apoptosis, and cellular transformation, and is upregulated in a variety of human tumors. In contrast, SphK-2 increases apoptosis, and may be responsible for phosphorylating and activating the immunosuppressive drug FTY720.
- 1: Ota, T., et al., Nat. Genet. 36(1):40-45 (2004).
- 2: Nava, V.E., et al., FEBS Lett. 473(1):81-84 (2000).
- 3: Melendez, A.J., et al., Gene 251(1):19-26 (2000).
- 4: Pitson, S.M., et al., Biochem. J. 350 Pt 2, 429-441 (2000).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-749
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.