- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SPATA6 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human SPATA6.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 400 - 450 of SPATA6.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SPATA6 antibody can be used for detection of SPATA6 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of SPATA6 are known to exist; this antibody will detect only the longest two isoforms. SPATA6 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other SPATA protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: SPATA6 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SPATA6 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SPATA6 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SPATA6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SPATA6 Antibody: HASH, SRF1, SRF-1, Spermatogenesis-associated protein 6
- Protein Accession Number: NP_061946
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9506603
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54558
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SPATA6 Antibody: The development of spermatogonial stem cells into spermatozoa, i.e., spermatogenesis, is a highly ordered process that requires multiple proteins, including some that are testis-specific or testis-specific isoforms of genes that are expressed in other tissues. One such protein is SPATA6: while its full-length isoform is expressed in multiple tissues including thymus, brain and testis, the shorter isoform is expressed only in testis. It has some homology to the motor domain of kinesin related proteins and with the C. elegans neural calcium sensor protein NCS-2.
- 1: Venables JP. Alternative splicing in the testes. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 2002; 12:615-9.
- 2: Oh C, Aho H, Shamsadin R, et al. Characterization, expression pattern and chromosomal localization of the spermatogenesis associated 6 gene (Spata6). Mol. Human Reprod. 2003; 9:321-30.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6555
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin