- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human SPAG11B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SPAG11B antibody can be used for detection of SPAG11B by ELISA at 1:312500. SPAG11B antibody can be used for detection of SPAG11B by western blot at 1 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. XBL-10413 - Fetal Skeletal Muscle Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 15 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store SPAG11B antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SPAG11B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SPAG11B, EP2, EP2C, EP2D, HE2, HE2C, MGC61846, SPAG11, EDDM2B
- Protein Accession Number: NP_478108
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 126131097
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10407
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SPAG11B is one of several androgen-dependent, epididymis-specific secretory proteins. The specific functions of these proteins have not been determined, but they are thought to be involved in sperm maturation. Some of the isoforms contain regions of similarity to beta-defensins, a family of antimicrobial peptides.This gene encodes several androgen-dependent, epididymis-specific secretory proteins. The specific functions of these proteins have not been determined, but they are thought to be involved in sperm maturation. Some of the isoforms contain regions of similarity to beta-defensins, a family of antimicrobial peptides. The gene is located on chromosome 8p23 near the defensin gene cluster. Alternative splicing of this gene results in seven transcript variants encoding different isoforms. Two different N-terminal and five different C-terminal protein sequences are encoded by the splice variants. Two additional variants have been described, but their full length sequences have not been determined.
- 1: Avellar, M.C., (2004) Biol. Reprod. 71 (5), 1453-1460.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 30-921
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.