- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MYNMMETELK PPGPQQTSGG GGGNSTAAAA GGNQKNSPDR VKRPMNAFMV WSRGQRRKMA QENPKMHNSE ISKRLGAEWK LLSETEKRPF IDEAKRLRAL HMKEHPDYKY RPRRKTKTLM KKDKYTLPGG LLAPGGNSMA SGVGVGAGLG AGVNQRMDSY AHMNGWSNGS YSMMQDQLGY PQHPGLNAHG AAQMQPMHRY DVSALQYNSM TSSQTYMNGS PTYSMSYSQQ GTPGMALGSM GSVVKSEASS SPPVVTSSSH SRAPCQAGDL RDMISMYLPG AEVPEPAAPS RLHMSQHYQS GPVPGTAING TLPLSHM
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Sox2 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Sox2 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Sox2 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SOX2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ANOP3, MCOPS3, Transcription factor SOX-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003097.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 28195386
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6657
- Sox2, also known as sex determining region Y (SRY)-box 2, belongs to a diverse family of structurally-related transcription factors whose primary structure contains a 79-residue DNA-binding domain, called high mobility group (HMG) box. It plays an essential role in maintaining the pluripotency of embryonic stem cells (ESC) and determination of cell fate. Microarray analysis showed that Sox2 regulates the expression of multiple genes involved in embryonic development including FGF-4, YES1 and ZFP206. Sox2 acts as a transcriptional activator after forming a ternary complex with Oct3/4 and a conserved non-coding DNA sequence (CNS1) located approximately 2 kb upstream of the RAX promoter. The introduction of Sox2, Oct4, Myc, and Klf4, into human dermal fibroblasts isolated from a skin biopsy of a healthy research fellow was sufficient to confer a pluripotent state upon the fibroblast genome. The reprogrammed cells thus obtained resemble ESC in morphology, gene expression, and in the capacity to form teratomas in immune-deficient mice. Recombinant human Sox2 is a 34.3 kDa protein containing 317 amino-acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-119
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.025 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin