- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SOX18 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human SOX18.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of SOX18.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SOX18 antibody can be used for detection of SOX18 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SOX18 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. SOX18 is predicted to not cross-react with other SOX proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 42 kDa
Observed: 44 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SOX18 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SOX18 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SOX18 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SOX18
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SOX18 Antibody: HLTS, Transcription factor SOX-18
- Protein Accession Number: NP_060889
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 8924248
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54345
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SOX18 is a member of the SOX (SRY-related HMG-box) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of cell fate (1,2). SOX18 is part of the SoxF subgroup which plays an important role in the differentiation of different cell types (3). SOX is known to be involved with vascularization and endothelial development, suggesting that it may be useful as a potential target for inhibiting tumor angiogenesis (4). Mutations in this gene have been associated with recessive and dominant forms of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia (5).
- 1: Dunn TL, Mynett-Johnson L, Wright EM, et al. Sequence and expression of Sox-18 encoding another HMG-box transcription factor. Gene 1995; 161:223-5.
- 2: Jiang T, Hou CC, She ZY, et al. The SOX gene family: function and regulation in testis determination and male fertility maintenance. Mol. Biol. Rep. 2013; 40:2187-94.
- 3: Francois M, Koopman P, and Beltrame M. SoxF genes: key players in the development of the cardiovascular system. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2010; 42:445-8.
- 4: Young N, Hahn CN, Poh A, et al. Effect of disrupted SOX18 transcription factor function on tumor growth, vascularization, and endothelial development. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2006; 98:1060-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7919
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin