- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Amino acids 115-269 of the human protein were used as the immunogen for the SOX-10 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Western blot: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT
Prediluted IHC only format: incubate for 30 min at RT (1)
Optimal dilution of the SOX-10 antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SOX10
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SOX10 Antibody: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 10, DOM,WS4, PCWH, WS2E, WS4C
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6663
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This mAb recognizes a protein of ~50 kDa identified as SOX10. This mAb is highly specific and does not cross-react with other members of the SOX-family. SOX genes comprise a family of genes that are related to the mammalian sex-determining gene SRY. These genes similarly contain sequences that encode for the HMG-box domain, which is responsible for the sequence-specific DNA-binding activity. SOX10 is a sensitive marker of melanoma, including conventional, spindled, and desmoplastic subtypes. It is expressed by metastatic melanomas and nodal capsular nevus in sentinel lymph nodes, but not by other lymph node components such as dendritic cells, which usually express S100 protein. Commonly used melanoma markers, such as anti-HMB-45 and anti-Melan-A, are poorly expressed in desmoplastic melanomas while SOX10 is moderately to strongly expressed in desmoplastic melanomas. SOX10 is considered as a very reliable marker for recognizing residual desmoplastic melanomas. In normal tissues, it is expressed in Schwann cells, melanocytes, and myoepithelial cells of salivary, bronchial and mammary glands. SOX10 expression is also observed in mast cells.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-853
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.