- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Cys 24 - Gly 197
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 20.4 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by C3H10T1/2 mouse embryonic fibroblast cells. Nakamura, T. et al. (1997) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 237:465. The ED50 for this effect is typically 1. 5-10μg/mL.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SHH
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SHH, HHG-1, Sonic hedgehog, HLP3, HPE3, SMMCI, TPT, TPTPS
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000184
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6469
- Sonic hedgehog protein (SHH) is also known as HHG-1, which belongs to the hedgehog family. SHH is expressed in fetal intestine, liver, lung, and kidney and not expressed in adult tissues. Sonic hedgehog protein can be cleavage into sonic hedgehog protein N-product and sonic hedgehog protein C-product by autolysis. SHH binds to the patched (PTC) receptor, which functions in association with smoothened (SMO), to activate the transcription of target genes. In the absence of SHH, PTC represses the constitutive signaling activity of SMO. Also regulates another target, the gli oncogene. Intercellular signal essential for a variety of patterning events during development. The C-terminal domain displays an autoproteolysis activity and a cholesterol transferase activity. The N-product is the active species in both local and long-range signaling, whereas the C-product has no signaling activity.
- 1: Pepinsky R.B., et al., 1998, J. Biol. Chem. 273:14037-14045.
- 2: Marigo V., et al., 1995, Genomics 28 (1): 44–51.
- 3: Echelard Y., et al., 1993, Cell 75 (7): 1417–30.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-689
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin