- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MRLSSKSVNA QVTDINSKGL ELRKTVTTVE TQNLEGLHHD GQFCHKPCPP GERKARDCTV NGDEPDCVPC QEGKEYTDKA HFSSKCRRCR LCDEGHGLEV EINCTRTQNT KCRCKPNFFC NSTVCEHCDP CTKCEHGIIK ECTLTSNTKC KEEGSRS
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was Biological activity was determined by its ability to inhibit the cytotoxicity of Jurkat cells is between 10 - 15 μg/mL in the presence of 2 ng/mL of hFasL.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Soluble Fas Receptor recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Soluble Fas Receptor is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Soluble Fas Receptor recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FAS
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: APT1, CD95, FAS1, APO-1, FASTM, ALPS1A, TNFRSF6, APT1, Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 6, Apo-1 antigen
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000034.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4507583
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 355
- Fas and Fas Ligand (FasL) belong to the TNF superfamily and are type I and type II transmembrane proteins, respectively. Binding of FasL to Fas triggers apoptosis in Fas-bearing cells. The mechanism of apoptosis involves recruitment of pro-caspase 8 through an adaptor molecule called FADD followed by processing of the pro-enzyme to active forms. These active caspases then cleave various cellular substrates leading to the eventual cell death. sFasR is capable of inhibiting FasL-induced apoptosis by acting as a decoy receptor that serves as a sink for FasL. The full length Fas (receptor) is a 319 amino acid type I transmembrane protein, which contains a 157 amino acid extracellular domain, a 17 amino acid transmembrane domain, and 145 amino acid cytoplasmic domain. Recombinant human soluble Fas (sFas Receptor) is a 157 amino acid polypeptide (17.6 kDa) corresponding to the TNFR homologous cysteine rich extracellular domain Fas.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-311
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.02 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin