- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SOCS1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human SOCS1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SOCS1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SOCS1 antibody can be used for the detection of SOCS1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 23 kDa
Observed: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SOCS1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SOCS1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SOCS1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SOCS1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SOCS1 Antibody: JAB, CIS1, SSI1, TIP3, CISH1, SSI-1, SOCS-1, Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1, JAK-binding protein
- Protein Accession Number: CAB92528
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 8217331
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8651
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SOCS1 Antibody: The Suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) and cytokine-inducible SH2 proteins are a family of intracellular proteins which regulate the immune cell responses to cytokines. SOCS1 acts to suppress dendritic cell (DC) as well as T cell hyperactivation following cytokine signaling by inhibiting JAK tyrosine kinase, a kinase necessary for type I and II cytokine receptors to initiate signaling, by directly binding to the catalytic domain of the kinase. SOCS1 also possesses E3 ubiquitin protein ligase activity that results in the polyubiquitination of its target proteins and subsequent degradation by the proteosome. It is through this method that SOCS1 negatively regulates signaling by Toll-like receptors TLR2 and TLR4 by mediating the degradation of the TLR signaling adaptor protein TIRAP.
- 1: Rakesh K and Agrawal DK. Controlling cytokine signaling by constitutive inhibitors. Biochem. Pharm. 2005; 70:649-57.
- 2: O'Shea JJ, Gadina M, and Schreiber RD. Cytokine signaling in 2002: new surprises in the Jak/Stat pathway. Cell 2002; 109:S121-31.
- 3: Kile BT, Schulman BA, Alexander WS, et al. The SOCS box: a tale of destruction and degradation. Trends Biochem. Sci. 2002; 27:235-41.
- 4: Mansell A, Smith R, Doyle SL, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 negatively mediates Toll-like receptor signaling by mediating Mal degradation. Nat. Immunol. 2006; 7:148-55.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3765
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin