- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Chicken: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SNRPN antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human SNRPN.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of SNRPN.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SNRPN antibody can be used for detection of SNRPN by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SNRPN antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1208 - THP-1 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 26 kDa
Observed: 25 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SNRPN antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SNRPN antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SNRPN antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SNRPN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Small nuclear ribonucleoprotein-associated protein N, HCERN3, PWCR, RT-LI, SM-D, SMN, SNRNP-N, SNURF-SNRPN, sm-N
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003088
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4507135
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6638
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The small nuclear riboprotein-associated protein N (SNRPN) is one polypeptide of a small nuclear ribonucleoprotein complex and belongs to the snRNP SMB/SMN family. SNRPN plays a role in pre-mRNA processing and alternative splicing (1). SNRPN arises from a bicistronic transcript that also encodes a protein identified as the SNRPN upstream reading frame (SNURF) (2). Mutations or deletions in the SNRPN gene may be linked to responsible for Angelman syndrome or Prader-Willi syndrome (3).
- 1: Ozcelik T, Leff S, Robinson W, et al. Small nuclear ribonucleoprotein polypeptide N (SNRPN), an expressed gene in the Prader-Willi syndrome critical region. Nat. Genet. 1992; 2:265-9.
- 2: Gray TA, Saitoh S, and Nicholls RD. An imprinted, mammalian bicistronic transcript encodes two independent proteins. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1999; 96:5616-21.
- 3: Chen Y, Liu YJ, Pei YF, et al. Copy number variations at the Prader-Willi syndrome region on chromosome 15 and associations with obesity in whites. Obesity 2011; 19:1229-34.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8155
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.