- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (100%), Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SNCA antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human SNCA.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SNCA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SNCA antibody can be used for detection of SNCA by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SNCA antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least three isoforms of SNCA are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1412 - Mouse Cerebellum Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 12 kDa
Observed: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SNCA antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SNCA antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SNCA antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SNCA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SNCA Antibody: PD1, NACP, PARK1, PARK4, Alpha-synuclein, Non-A beta component of AD amyloid
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000336
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6806898
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6622
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Alpha-Synuclein (SNCA) is a hallmark of Alzheimer's disease (1,2). It is a cytoplasmic protein that is predominantly expressed in the central nervous system (2). SNCA reduces neuronal responsiveness to various apoptotic stimuli, leading to the decreased caspase-3 activation. SNCA may be involved in the regulation of dopamine release and transport and induces fibrillization of microtubule-associated protein tau (3). Defects in SNCA are associated with familial Parkinson's disease (4,5).
- 1: Ueda K, Fukushima H, Masliah E, et al. Molecular cloning of cDNA encoding an unrecognized component of amyloid in Alzheimer disease. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1993; 90:11282-6.
- 2: Pronin AN, Morris AJ, Surguchov A, et al. Synucleins are a novel class of substrates for G protein-coupled receptor kinases. J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275:26515-22.
- 3: Oaks AW, Frankfurt M, Finkelstein DI, et al. Age-dependent effects of A53T alpha-synuclein on behavior and dopaminergic function. PLoS One 2013; 8:e60378.
- 4: Polymeropoulos MH, Lavedan C, Leroy E, et al. Mutation in the alpha-synuclein gene identified in families with Parkinson's disease. Science 1997; 276:2045-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7911
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin