- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Chicken, Dog, Goat, Human, Mouse, Rat, Zebrafish
- IMMUNOGEN: Peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the C-terminal region of rat SNAP25 conjugated to keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 25
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SNAP25 antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Snap25
- Protein Accession Number: P60881
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 46397720
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25012
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SNAP25 (Synaptosomal associated protein of 25 kDa) is a presynaptic plasma membrane protein that is widely distributed throughout the brain and involved in the regulation of neurotransmitter release. Decreased levels of SNAP25 have been found in the brains of patients with Down Syndrome and Alzheimer’s Disease (Greber et al.,1999). In addition, a significant reduction in the hippocampal expression of SNAP25 has also been found in patients with Schizophrenia (Fatemi et al., 2001).
- 1: Fatemi SH, Sidwell R, Kist D, Akhter P, Meltzer HY, Bailey K, Thuras P, Sedgwick J (1998) Differential expression of synaptosome-associated protein 25 kDa (Snap25) in hippocampi of neonatal mice following exposure to human influenza virus in utero. Brain Res 800(1):1-9..
- 2: Greber S, Cairns N, Lubec G, Fountoulakis M (1999) Decreased levels of the synaptosomal associated protein 25 in the brains of patients with Down Syndrome and Alzheimer’s Disease. Electrophoresis 20 (4-5):928-34.
- 3: Ando K, Kudo Y, Takahashi M (2005) Negative regulation of neurotransmitter release by calpain: a possible specific involvement of Snap25 cleavage. J Neurochem 94(3):651-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-190
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.