- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This SMOC2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 405-431 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human SMOC2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 50 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SMOC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SPARC-related modular calcium-binding protein 2, Secreted modular calcium-binding protein 2, SMOC-2, Smooth muscle-associated protein 2, SMAP-2, SMOC2, SMAP2
- Protein Accession Number: Q9H3U7
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 38258648
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 64094
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a member of the SPARC family (secretedprotein acidic and rich in cysteine/osteonectin/BM-40), which arehighly expressed during embryogenesis and wound healing. The geneproduct is a matricellular protein which promotes matrix assemblyand can stimulate endothelial cell proliferation and migration, aswell as angiogenic activity. Associated with pulmonary function,this secretory gene product contains a Kazal domain, twothymoglobulin type-1 domains, and two EF-hand calcium-bindingdomains. The encoded protein may serve as a target for controllingangiogenesis in tumor growth and myocardial ischemia. Alternativesplicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided byRefSeq].
- 1: Rose, J.E., et al. Mol. Med. 16 (7-8), 247-253 (2010) :
- 2: Birlea, S.A., et al. J. Invest. Dermatol. 130(3):798-803(2010)
- 3: Wilk, J.B., et al. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 175(6):554-560(2007)
- 4: Rocnik, E.F., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 281(32):22855-22864(2006)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-218
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.