- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: SMC1 (Phospho-Ser957) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around phosphorylation site of serine 957 (G-S-S (p) -Q-G) derived from Human SMC1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000, Immunohistochemistry: 1:50~1:100
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of SMC1 only when phosphorylated at serine 957.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 145 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatogramphy using non-phosphopeptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SMC1A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SMC1, SMCB, CDLS2, SB1.8, SMC1L1, DXS423E, SMC1alpha, APRF, SM1A, SMC1A, SMC1 alpha protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006297.2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 30581135
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8243
- Involved in chromosome cohesion during cell cycle and in DNA repair. Central component of cohesin complex. The cohesin complex is required for the cohesion of sister chromatids after DNA replication. The cohesin complex apparently forms a large proteinaceous ring within which sister chromatids can be trapped. At anaphase, the complex is cleaved and dissociates from chromatin, allowing sister chromatids to segregate. The cohesin complex may also play a role in spindle pole assembly during mitosis. Involved in DNA repair via its interaction with BRCA1 and its related phosphorylation by ATM, or via its phosphorylation by ATR. Works as a downstream effector both in the ATM/NBS1 branch and in the ATR/MSH2 branch of S-phase checkpoint.
- 1: Yang XM. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol. 24 (12): 5290-5303. Kim ST. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16 (5): 560-570. Revenkova E. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol. 21 (20): 6984-6998
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-193
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $335.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.