- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant protein of human Smad2
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
ICC: 1:50 - 1:200
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: HeLa
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: 293T
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: THP-1
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Mouse pancreas
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 50kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SMAD2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SMAD2, JV18, MADH2, MADR2, JV18-1, hMAD-2, hSMAD2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4087
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the SMAD, a family of proteins similar to the gene products of the Drosophila gene 'mothers against decapentaplegic' (Mad) and the C. elegans gene Sma. SMAD proteins are signal transducers and transcriptional modulators that mediate multiple signaling pathways. This protein mediates the signal of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, and thus regulates multiple cellular processes, such as cell proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation. This protein is recruited to the TGF-beta receptors through its interaction with the SMAD anchor for receptor activation (SARA) protein. In response to TGF-beta signal, this protein is phosphorylated by the TGF-beta receptors. The phosphorylation induces the dissociation of this protein with SARA and the association with the family member SMAD4. The association with SMAD4 is important for the translocation of this protein into the nucleus, where it binds to target promoters and forms a transcription repressor complex with other cofactors. This protein can also be phosphorylated by activin type 1 receptor kinase, and mediates the signal from the activin. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been observed for this gene.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 13-174
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $335.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805