- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: SLPI antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human SLPI.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of SLPI.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SLPI antibody can be used for detection of SLPI by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1402 - Mouse Lung Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 15 kDa
Observed: 19 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SLPI Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SLPI Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SLPI antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLPI
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SLPI Antibody: ALP, MPI, ALK1, BLPI, HUSI, WAP4, WFDC4, HUSI-I, Antileukoproteinase, ALP
- Protein Accession Number: CAA28187
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 758101
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6590
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SLPI Antibody: Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) is produced at mucosal surfaces, primarily the upper respiratory tract and is thought to play an important role in the antiprotease defense mechanism of the lung. SLPI forms inhibitory complexes with numerous proteolytic enzymes such as neutrophil elastase, and has been shown to possess anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and antibacterial activities. Its expression in oral epithelial cells is stimulated by HIV-1 gp120, suggesting that SLPI is a component of the oral mucosal response to HIV-1. In peripheral blood monocytes, SLPI can inhibit NF-κB activation by inhibiting IκB degradation in the cytoplasm and competing for NF-κB binding sites in the nucleus. This attenuation of the inflammatory response may also act to suppress liver metastases and other cancer cell invasions, but promote blood-borne metastasis via an invasion-independent pathway.
- 1: Abe T, Kobayashi N, Yoshimura K, et al. Expression of the secretory leukoprotease inhibitor gene in epithelial cells. J. Clin. Invest. 1991; 87:2207-15.
- 2: Hiemstra PS, Fernie-King BA, McMichael J, et al. Antimicrobial peptides: mediators of innate immunity as templates for the development of novel anti-infective and immune therapies. Curr. Pharm. Des. 2004; 10:2891-905.
- 3: Jana NK, Gray LR and Shugars DC. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 stimulates the expression and production of secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SPLI) in oral epithelial cells: a role for SLPI in innate mucosal immunity. J. Virol. 2005; 79:6432-40.
- 4: Taggart CC, Cryan S-A, Weldon S, et al. Secretory leucoprotease inhibitor binds to NF-kB binding sites in monocytes and inhibits p65 binding. J. Exp. Med. 2005; 202:1659-68.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4249
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin