- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rabbit: (81%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SLFN14 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus human SLFN14.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 730 - 780 of SLFN14.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SLFN14 antibody can be used for detection of SLFN14 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1405 - Mouse Kidney Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: SLFN14 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SLFN14 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SLFN14 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLFN14
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SLFN14 Antibody: Schlafen family member 14
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001123292
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 193788705
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 342618
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SLFN14 Antibody: Despite being first described several years ago, the roles of the Schlafen (SLFN) family of proteins remain largely unknown. The SLFN genes are preferentially expressed in lymphoid tissues and differentially regulated during thymocyte maturation. It is thought that many play roles in cell growth, hemopoietic cell differentiation, and T cell development and maturation. Most members contain at least one divergent AAA domain (AAA_4) that may play a role in ATP binding. SLFN14 is a recently identified member of the SLFN family; its role has yet to be determined.
- 1: Schwarz DA, Katamaya CD, and Hedrick SM. Schlafen, a new family of growth regulatory genes that affect thymocyte development. Immunity1998; 9:657-68.
- 2: Bustos O, Naik S, Ayers G, et al. Evolution of the Schlafen genes, a gene family associated with embryonic lethality, meiotic drive, immune processes and orthopoxvirus virulence. Gene2009; 447:1-11.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5543
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin