- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SLC29A3 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human SLC29A3.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of SLC29A3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SLC29A3 antibody can be used for detection of SLC29A3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SLC29A3 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of SLC29A3 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. SLC29A3 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other SLC29 proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1410 - Mouse Bladder Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 52 kDa
Observed: 51 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SLC29A3 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SLC29A3 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SLC29A3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLC29A3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Solute carrier family 29 member 3, Equilibrative nucleoside transporter 3, ENT3, HCLAP, HJCD, PHID
- Protein Accession Number: NP_060814
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 148596922
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55315
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SLC29A3 is a member of the equilibrative nucleoside transporter family which plays a key role in nucleoside and nucleobase uptake for salvage pathways of nucleotide synthesis (1,2). SLC29A3 is a transmembrane glycoprotein that localizes to the lysosomal membrane and is a broad selectivity, low affinity nucleoside transporter (3). Mutations in the SLC29A3 gene have been associated with H syndrome, which is characterized by cutaneous hyperpigmentation and hypertrichosis, hepatosplenomegaly, heart anomalies, and hypogonadism (4). A related disorder, PHID (pigmented hypertrichosis with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus), has also been associated with mutations at this locus (5).
- 1: Hyde RJ, Cass CE, Young JD, et al. The ENT family of eukaryotic nucleoside and nucleobase transporters: recent advances in the investigation of structure/function relationships and the identification of novel isoforms. Mol. Membr. Biol. 2001; 18:53-63.
- 2: Young JD, Yao SY, Baldwin JM, et al. The human concentrative and equilibrative nucleoside transporter families, SLC28 and SLC29. Mol. Aspects. Med. 34:529-47.
- 3: Baldwin SA, Yao SY, Hyde RJ, et al. Functional characterization of novel human and mouse equilibrative nucleoside transporters (hENT3 and mENT3) located in intracellular membranes. J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280:15880-7.
- 4: Priya TP, Philip N, Molho-Pessach V, et al. H syndrome: novel and recurrent mutations in SLC29A3. Br. J. Dermatol. 2010; 162:1132-4.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8129
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin