- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Dog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human SLC26A5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SLC26A5 antibody can be used for detection of SLC26A5 by ELISA at 1:312500. SLC26A5 antibody can be used for detection of SLC26A5 by western blot at 2.5 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 81 kDa, 75 kDa, 56 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by protein A chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store SLC26A5 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLC26A5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SLC26A5, DFNB61, MGC118886, MGC118887, MGC118888, MGC118889, PRES
- Protein Accession Number: NP_945350
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 39752683
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 375611
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SLC26A5 is a member of the SLC26A/SulP transporter family. SLC26A5 is specifically expressed in outer hair cells (OHCs) of the cochlea and is essential in auditory processing. Intracellular anions are thought to act as extrinsic voltage sensors, which bind to this protein and trigger the conformational changes required for rapid length changes in OHCs. Mutations in its gene have been associated with non-syndromic hearing loss.This gene is a member of the SLC26A/SulP transporter family. It encodes a protein that is specifically expressed in outer hair cells (OHCs) of the cochlea and is essential in auditory processing. Intracellular anions are thought to act as extrinsic voltage sensors, which bind to this protein and trigger the conformational changes required for rapid length changes in OHCs. Mutations in this gene have been associated with non-syndromic hearing loss. Alternate transcriptional splice variants, encoding different isoforms, have been characterized.
- 1: Chambard, J.M. (2005) Pflugers Arch. 450 (1), 34-44.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 29-962
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.