- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (86%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Slc22A17 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human Slc22A17.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Slc22A17.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Slc22A17 antibody can be used for detection of Slc22A17 by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunoflourescence starting at 20 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 59 kDa
Observed: 61 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Slc22A17 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Slc22A17 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Slc22A17 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLC22A17
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Slc22A17 Antibody: BOCT, BOIT, 24p3R, NGALR, hBOIT, NGALR2, NGALR3, BOCT, Solute carrier family 22 member 17, 24p3 receptor
- Protein Accession Number: Q8WUG5
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 27805426
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51310
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Slc22A17 Antibody: The Slc22 family of organic anion and cation transporters (OATs, OCTs, OCTNs) are transmembrane proteins expressed predominantly in kidney and liver. Each contain 12 predicted alpha-helical transmembrane domains (TMDs) and one large extracellular loop between TMDs 1 and 2. Transporters of the SLC22 family function in different ways such as uniporters that mediate facilitated diffusion in either direction (OCTs), as anion exchangers (OAT1, OAT3 and URAT1), and as Na(+)/l-carnitine cotransporter (OCTN2). Slc22 family members participate in the absorption and/or excretion of drugs, xenobiotics, and endogenous compounds in intestine, liver, and kidney, and perform homeostatic functions in brain and heart. Mutations in the Slc22 family may cause specific diseases such as primary systemic carnitine deficiency or idiopathic renal hypouricemia and may change drug absorption or excretion. Recent studies show the expression of Slc22A17 as receptor for Lipocalin 2 is relatively high in hematopoietic stem cells.
- 1: Koepsell H and Endou H. The SLC22 drug transporter family. Pflugers Arch. 2004; 447:666-76.
- 2: Rizwan AN and Burckhardt G. Organic anion transporters of the SLC22 family: biopharmaceutical, physiological, and pathological roles. Pharm. Res. 2007; 24:450-70.
- 3: Miharada K, Hiroyama T, Sudo K, et. al. Lipocalin 2-mediated growth suppression is evident in human erythroid and monocyte/macrophage lineage cells. J. Cell Physiol. 2008; 215:526-37.
- 4: Devireddy LR, Gazin C, Zhu X, et al. A cell-surface receptor for lipocalin 24p3 selectively mediates apoptosis and iron uptake. Cell 2005; 123:1293-305.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4651
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin