- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SLAMF4 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human SLAMF4.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SLAMF4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SLAMF4 antibody can be used for detection of SLAMF4 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunofluorescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of SLAMF4 are known to exist. SLAMF4 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other SLAM protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: SLAMF4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SLAMF4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SLAMF4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD244
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SLAMF4 Antibody: 2B4, NAIL, Nmrk, NKR2B4, SLAMF4, 2B4, Natural killer cell receptor 2B4, NK cell activation-inducing ligand
- Protein Accession Number: NP_1160135
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7706529
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51744
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SLAMF4 Antibody: The signaling lymphocyte-activation molecule family member 4 (SLAMF4), also known as 2B4, is an important regulator of Natural Killer (NK) cell activation. It is expressed on NK cells as well as on subsets of T cells and interacts with SLAMF2, causing the activation of both SLAMF4- and SLAMF2-expressing cells. Patients with systemic lupus erythmatosus have lower than normal levels of SLAMF4 expressed on their NK cells and monocytes, suggesting that SLAMF4 may play a role in this autoimmune disease.
- 1: Claus M, Meinke S, Bhat R, et al. Regulation of NK cell activity by 2B4, NTB-A and CRACC. Front. Biosci. 2008; 13:956-65.
- 2: Sidorenko SP and Clark EA. The dual-function CD150 receptor sub-family: the viral attraction. Nat. Immunol. 4:19-24.
- 3: Assarsson E, Kambayashi T, Persson CM, et al. 2B4/CD48-mediated regulation of lymphocyte activation and function. J. Immunol. 2005; 175:2045-9
- 4: Kim JR, Matther SO, Patel RK, et al. Altered expression of signalling lymphocyte activation molecule (SLAM) family receptors CS1 (CD319) and 2B4 (CD244) in patients with systemic lupus erythmatosus. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 2010; 160:348-58
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6253
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin