- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: SLAIN1 antibody was raised against an 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human SLAIN1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SLAIN1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SLAIN1 antibody can be used for detection of SLAIN1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunofluorescence starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of SLAIN1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three. SLAIN1 antibody is predicted not to cross-react with SLAIN2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-003 - A549 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: SLAIN1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SLAIN1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SLAIN1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLAIN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SLAIN1 Antibody: C13orf32, C13orf32, SLAIN motif-containing protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002456
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 338968860
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 122060
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SLAIN1 Antibody: SLAIN1 is a novel stem cell protein that was identified by transciptional profiling of mouse and human embryonic stem cells (ESCs) and is expressed at the stem cell and epiblast stages. Unlike its more widely expressed homolog SLAIN2, SLAIN1 was found to be expressed in the epiblast, nervous system, tailbud and somites of the developing mouse embryo later experiments suggested that SLAIN1 may play a role in the development of the nervous system as well as in the morphogenesis of several embryonic structures.
- 1: Hirst CE, Ng ES, Azzola L, et al. Transcriptional profiling of mouse and human ES cells identifies SLAIN1, a novel stem cell gene. Dev. Biol. 2006; 293:90-103.
- 2: Hirst CE, Lim SM, Pereira LA, et al. Expression from a betageo gene trap in the Slain1 gene locus is predominantly associated with the developing nervous system. Int. J. Dev. Biol. 2010; 54:1383-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6669
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.