- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (94%), Bovine: (88%), Chicken: (82%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SIRT5 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human SIRT5.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SIRT5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SIRT5 antibody can be used for detection of SIRT5 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1202 - A431 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: SIRT5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgY
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SIRT5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SIRT5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SIRT5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SIRT5 Antibody: SIR2L5, SIR2L5, NAD-dependent protein deacylase sirtuin-5, mitochondrial, Regulatory protein SIR2 homolog 5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036373
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6912664
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23408
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SIRT5 Antibody: The Silent Information Regulator (SIR2) family of genes are highly conserved from prokaryotes to eukaryotes and have important functions in the regulation of metabolism, growth and differentiation, inflammation, cellular survival, as well as in senescence and lifespan extension. Sirtuins, including SIRT1-7, are human homologs of yeast Sir2p. Sirtuins are NAD+-dependent histone/protein deacetylases (HDAC) which regulate cellular metabolism, e.g. energy metabolism, and thereby are associated with aging and several age-related diseases. SIRT5 localizes to mitochondria, deacetylates carbamoyl phosphate synthetase 1, and is involved in the regulation of the urea cycle.
- 1: Salminen A. SIRT1: regulation of longevity via autophagy. Cell Signal2009; 21:1356-60.
- 2: Afshar G and Murnane JP. Characterization of a human gene with sequence homology to Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sir 2. Gene1999; 234:161-8.
- 3: Guarente L. Sirtuins as potential targets for metabolic syndrome. Nature2006; 444:868-74.
- 4: Vaziri H, Dessain SK, Ng Eaton E, et al. hSIR2 (SIRT1) functions as an NAD-dependent p53 deacetylase. Cell2001; 107:149-59.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5771
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin