- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human SIRT5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SIRT5 antibody can be used for detection of SIRT5 by ELISA at 1:62500. SIRT5 antibody can be used for detection of SIRT5 by western blot at 1 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. XBL-10407 - Fetal Heart Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 34 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store SIRT5 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SIRT5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SIRT5, SIR2L5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036373
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6912664
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23408
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SIRT5 is included in class III of the sirtuin family which ischaracterized by a sirtuin core domain. Human sirtuins may function as intracellular regulatory proteins with mono-ADP-ribosyltransferase activity. This gene encodes a member of the sirtuin family of proteins, homologs to the yeast Sir2 protein. Members of the sirtuin family are characterized by a sirtuin core domain and grouped into four classes. The functions of human sirtuins have not yet been determined; however, yeast sirtuin proteins are known to regulate epigenetic gene silencing and suppress recombination of rDNA. Studies suggest that the human sirtuins may function as intracellular regulatory proteins with mono-ADP-ribosyltransferase activity. The protein encoded by this gene is included in class III of the sirtuin family. Alternative splicing of this gene results in two transcript variants.
- 1: Chowdari, K.V., (2007) Genes Brain Behav. 6 (3), 229-239.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 25-585
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.