- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rabbit: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SIRT2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human SIRT2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SIRT2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SIRT2 antibody can be used for detection of SIRT2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 43 kDa
Observed: 52 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SIRT2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SIRT2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SIRT2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SIRT2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SIRT2 Antibody: SIR2, SIR2L, SIR2L2, NAD-dependent protein deacetylase sirtuin-2, Regulatory protein SIR2 homolog 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036369
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13775600
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22933
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SIRT2 Antibody: The founding member of the sirtuin protein family was the silent information regulator 2 protein (Sir2p) of Saccharomyces cervisiae, an NAD+-dependent histone deacetylase (HDAC) that regulates chromatin silencing. The SIR2 family of genes are highly conserved from prokaryotes to eukaryotes. Mammals have seven homologs of Sir2p, SIRT1-7, which are involved in diverse processes ranging from transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and DNA-damage repair to aging. SIRT2 is a predominantly cytoplasmic protein that colocalizes with microtubules and can deacetylate alpha-tubulin and regulate progression through the cell cycle. Most Sirtuins are highly expressed in brain and testis, while Sirt2 expression is higher in fetal relative to adult brain. Recent studies on SIRT2 support the therapeutic utility of inhibitors for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease.
- 1: Yamamoto H, Schoonjans K, and Auwerx J. Sirtuin functions in health and disease. Mol. Endocrinol.2007; 21:1745-55.
- 2: Frye RA. Characterization of five human cDNAs with homology to the yeast SIR2 gene: SIR2-like proteins (sirtuins) metabolize NAD and may have protein ADP-ribosyltransferase activity. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.1999; 260:273-279.
- 3: North BJ, Marshall BL, Borra MT, et. al. The human Sir2 ortholog, SIRT2, is an NAD+-dependent tubulin deacetylase. Mol. Cell2003; 11:437-44.
- 4: Inoue T, Hiratsuka M, Osaki M, et al. The molecular biology of mammalian SIRT proteins: SIRT2 in cell cycle regulation. Cell Cycle2007; 6:1011-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4485
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin