- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: (BTI-Tn-5B1-4) High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: ELCDDDPPEI PHATFKAMAY KEGTMLNCEC KRGFRRIKSG SLYMLCTGNS SHSSWDNQCQ CTSSATRNTT KQVTPQPEEQ KERKTTEMQS PMQPVDQASL PGHCREPPPW ENEATERIYH FVVGQMVYYQ CVQGYRALHR GPAESVCKMT HGKTRWTQPQ LICTGEMETS QFPGEEKPQA SPEGRPESET SCLVTTTDFQ IQTEMAATME TSIFTTEYQ
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to increase the proliferation effect of IL-2 in murine CTLL-2 cells. In the presence of 1 ng/ml of recombinant IL-2, the expected ED50 for this effect is between 0.5 - 1.5 µg/ml.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL2RA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: soluble IL-2 receptor, TAC-antigen, CD25 antigen
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3559
- The IL-2 receptor system consists of three non-covalently linked subunits termed IL-2Rα, IL-2Rβ, and IL-2Rγ. The IL-2Rα is a type I transmembrane protein consisting of a 219 amino acid extracellular domain, a 19 amino acid transmembrane domain and a 13 amino acid intracellular domain, which is not involved in the transduction of IL-2 signals. Proteolytic processing of IL-2Rα releases the entire extracellular domain of IL-2Rα, thereby generating a 219 amino acid soluble protein called soluble IL-2Rα (sIL-2Rα). The homodimeric form binds IL-2 (KD=10mM) and facilitates IL-2 signaling. The secreted sIL-2Rα is expressed on leukemia cells, lymphoma cells, and newly activated T and B cells, as well as on approximately 10% of NK cells. Recombinant Human sIL-2Rα is a 24.8 kDa protein containing 219 amino acid residues consisting of only the extracellular domain of IL-2Rα. Due to glycosylation, IL-2Rα has an approximate molecular weight of 31 kDa based on SDS-PAGE gel and Mass Spectrometry.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-668
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805