- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (73%), Mouse: (73%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SIK1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human SIK1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 340 - 390 of SIK1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SIK1 antibody can be used for detection of SIK1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Two isoforms of SIK1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. SIK1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other SIK protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1308 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-801 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: SIK1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SIK1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SIK1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SIK1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SIK1 Antibody: MSK, SIK, SNF1LK, Salt-inducible kinase 1, SIK-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_775490
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 116256471
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 150094
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SIK1 Antibody: Salt-inducible kinase 1 (SIK1), also known as SNF1LK or MSK, plays a role in histone modification and G2/M cell cycle regulation. It is a 783 amino acid protein that contains one UBA domain and belongs to the Ser/Thr protein kinase family (AMPK subfamily). Localized to both the nucleus and the cytoplasm, SIK1 is a class II HDAC kinase that uses magnesium as a cofactor to catalyze the ATP-dependent phosphorylation of target proteins and is thought to be important for the early stages of skeletal muscle growth and myocardial cell differentiation.
- 1: Stephenson A, Huang GY, Nguyen NT, et al. SNF1LK encodes a protein kinase that may function in cell cycle regulation. Genomics 2004; 83:1105-15
- 2: Ruiz JC, Conlon FL, and Robertson EJ. Identification of novel protein kinases expressed in the myocardium of the developing mouse heart. Mech. Dev. 1994; 48:153-64
- 3: Lizcano JM, Goransson O, Toth R, et al. LKB1 is a master kinase that activates 13 kinases of the AMPK subfamily, including MARK/PAR-1. EMBO J. 2004; 23:833-43.
- 4: Sjöström M, Senstrom K, Eneling K, et al. SIK1 is part of a cell sodium-sensing network that regulates active sodium transport through a calcium-dependent process. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2007; 104:16922-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6299
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.