- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 17 - Ala 363
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a human IgG1 Fc tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 64.3 kDa. The protein migrates as 70-80 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 64.3 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SIGLEC8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Siglec-8,SAF-2,SIGLEC8,SAF2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055257.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27181
- Siglec-8 is also known as SIGLEC8, SAF2, SIGLEC-8, SIGLEC8L and sialic acid binding Ig like lectin 8. Siglec-8 was first identified by CD33 homology screening of ESTs from a cDNA library generated from a patient diagnosed with idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome and was originally termed SAF-2 (sialoadhesin family 2). At the tissue level, Siglec-8 mRNA was found to be most highly expressed in lung, PBMCs, spleen, and kidney. Two splice variants of Siglec-8 exist. The initially characterized form contains 431 amino acid residues in total, subsequently, a longer form of Siglec-8, initially termed Siglec-8L. Both forms of Siglec-8 are found in eosinophils and contain a V-set domain with lectin activity and two C2-type Ig repeat domains in the extracellular region.
- 1: Floyd H, et al. 2000. J Biol Chem. 275(2):861-6.
- 2: Foussias G, et al. 2000. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 278(3):775-81.
- 3: Kikly KK, et al. 2000. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 105(6 Pt 1):1093-100.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-317
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.