- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SIGIRR antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids at the C-terminus of human SIGIRR.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of SIGIRR.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SIGIRR antibody can be used for the detection of SIGIRR by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1219 – MCF7 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-003 - A549 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 45 kDa
Observed: 45 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SIGIRR Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SIGIRR Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SIGIRR antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SIGIRR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SIGIRR Antibody: TIR8, Single Ig IL-1-related receptor, Single Ig IL-1R-related molecule, TIR8
- Protein Accession Number: CAG33619
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 48146793
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 59307
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SIGIRR Antibody: SIGIRR is a member of the Toll-like receptor-interleukin 1 receptor superfamily. Members of this family are defined by the presence of an intracellular Toll-IL-1R (TIR) domain. The Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are signaling molecules that recognize different microbial products during infection and serve as an important link between the innate and adaptive immune responses. SIGIRR was originally identified through database analysis and was shown to have only one Ig domain as opposed to the normal three Ig folds seen in the TIR family. Similar to ST2, another TIR family member, it has been shown to negatively regulate IL-1 receptor and Toll-like receptor signaling. However, SIGIRR inhibits TLR-IL-1R signaling by dimerizing with TLR4, TLR5, TLR9, and IL-1R. It also associates with the down-stream TLR signaling proteins IRAK and TRAF6 in an IL-1-dependent fashion.
- 1: Takeda K, Kaisho T, and Akira S. Toll-like receptors. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2003; 21:335-76.
- 2: Janeway CA Jr. and Medzhitov R. Innate immune recognition. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2002; 20:197-216.
- 3: Thomassen E, Renshaw BR, and Sims JE. Identification and characterization of SIGIRR, a molecule representing a novel subtype of the IL-1R superfamily. Cytokine 1999; 11:389-99.
- 4: Wald D, Qin J, Zhao Z, et al. SIGIRR, a negative regulator of Toll-like receptor-interleukin 1 receptor signaling. Nat. Immunol. 2003; 4:920-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3367
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.