- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SHP2 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human SHP2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 510 - 560 of SHP2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SHP2 antibody can be used for the detection of SHP2 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1407 - Mouse Skeletal Muscle Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: SHP2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SHP2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SHP2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PTPN11
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SHP2 Antibody: CFC, NS1, SHP2, BPTP3, PTP2C, PTP-1D, SH-PTP2, SH-PTP3, SHPTP2, Tyrosine-protein phosphatase non-receptor type 11, Protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1D
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002825
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 33356177
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5781
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SHP2 Antibody: Src homology-2 domain containing protein (SHP2) is a member of the protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family, a protein family that contains signaling molecules that regulate a variety of cellular processes including cell growth, differentiation, mitotic cycle, and oncogenic transformation. SHP2 contains two tandem Src homology-2 (SH2) domains, which function as phosphotyrosine binding domains either directly or through scaffolding intermediates such as the insulin-receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1). These SH2 domains mediate the interaction of SHP2 with its substrates, allowing SHP2 to dephosphorylate proteins that inhibit signaling kinases such as ERK1 and AKT. SHP2 is widely expressed in most tissues and plays a regulatory role in various cell signaling events that are important for a diversity of cell functions, such as mitogenic activation, metabolic control, transcription regulation, and cell migration. Recent experiments have shown SHP2 plays a significant role in hepatoprotection and liver regeneration.
- 1: Yu Z, Ahmad S, Schwartz JL, et al. Protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 is positively linked to proteinase-activated receptor 2-mediated mitogenic pathway. J. Biol. Chem.1997; 272:7519-24.
- 2: Ostman A, Hellberg C, and Bohmer FD. Protein-tyrosine phosphatases and cancer. Nat. Rev. Cancer 2006; 6:307-20.
- 3: Bard-Chapeau EA, Yuan J, Droin N, et al. Concerted functions of Gab1 and Shp2 in liver regeneration and hepatoprotection. Mol/ Cell. Biol. 2006; 26:4664-74.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3901
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin