- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 288.3
- Formula: C16H16O5
- Source/Host Chemicals: Isolated from Alkanna sp.
- CAS: 517-89-5
- Solubility: Soluble in DMSO or ethanol.
- InChi Key: NEZONWMXZKDMKF-SNVBAGLBSA-N
- Smiles: OC1=C2C(C(C=C([C@H](O)C/C=C(C)/C)C2=O)=O)=C(O)C=C1
- Identity: Determined by 1H-NMR.
- PURITY: greater than or equal to 98% (HPLC)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term Storage: +4C. Long Term Storage: -20C. Handling Advice: Keep cool and dry. Protect from light. Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: (+)-Shikonin; (R)-Shikonin; Tokyo Violet; NSC 252844; Isoarnebin 4; C.I. 75535; (R)-5,8-Dihydroxy-2-(1-hydroxy-4-methylpent-3-en-1-yl)naphthalene-1,4-dione
- Anticancer compound. Inhibits TNF-Î±-induced and B-16 melanoma-induced angiogenesis. Induces apoptosis and RIP1- and RIP3-dependent necroptosis in several cancer cells. Circumvents cancer antidrug resistance through the necroptosis pathway. Proteasome inhibitor. Autophagy inducer. Topoisomerase I inhibitor. Inhibits glycolysis in cancer cells by inhibiting tumor-specific pyruvate kinase M2 (PKM2). Anti-inflammatory compound. Inhibits leukocyte migration, downregulates chemokine receptor expression, and inhibits HIV-1 replication. Inhibits the activation of NLRP3 and AIM2 inflammasome. Shown to directly target caspase-1 and as a inhibitor of PKM2 to block PKM2-mediated glycolysis that promotes inflammasome activation by modulating EIF2AK2 phosphorylation in macrophages. Antioxidant. Free radical scavenger. Directly inhibits nitric oxide synthase (NOS). Regulator of systemic glucose tolerance, energy balance and adiposity/obesity. Adipogenesis inhibitor. Shown to inhibit fat accumulation in adipocytes. Antibacterial and antifungal agent. Shown to potentially inhibit the 33.8-kDa Main Protease (Mpro)/3C-like Protease of SARS-CoV-2, consequently inhibiting viral transcription and replication and possibly inhibiting spread of COVID-19.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 10-045
- Size: 50 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805