- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human SHC1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SHC1 antibody can be used for detection of SHC1 by ELISA at 1:312500. SHC1 antibody can be used for detection of SHC1 by western blot at 1 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. XBL-10410 - Fetal Lung Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 52 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store SHC1 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SHC1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SHC1, FLJ26504, SHC, SHCA, p52SHC, p66, p66SHC
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003020
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 32261324
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6464
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SHC1 is a signaling adapter that couples activated growth factor receptors to signaling pathway. Isoform p46Shc and isoform p52Shc, once phosphorylated, couple activated receptor tyrosine kinases to Ras via the recruitment of the GRB2/SOS complex and are implicated in the cytoplasmic propagation of mitogenic signals. Isoform p46Shc and isoform p52Shc may thus function as initiators of the Ras signaling cascade in various non-neuronal systems. Isoform p66Shc does not mediate Ras activation, but is involved in signal transduction pathways that regulate the cellular response to oxidative stress and life span. Isoform p66Shc acts as a downstream target of the tumor suppressor p53 and is indispensable for the ability of stress-activated p53 to induce elevation of intracellular oxidants, cytochrome c release and apoptosis. The expression of isoform p66Shc has been correlated with life span.
- 1: George, R., (2008) J. Mol. Biol. 377 (3), 740-747.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 30-618
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.