- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rabbit: (75%)
- IMMUNOGEN: SHBG antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the center of human SHBG.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 220 - 270 of SHBG.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SHBG antibody can be used for detection of SHBG by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: SHBG antibody is human, mouse, and rat reactive. At least three isoforms of SHBG are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1304 - Human Liver Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 25, 26, 31, 32, 38, 44 kDa
Observed: 35 kDa
- PURIFICATION: SHBG antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SHBG antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SHBG antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SHBG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Sex hormone-binding globulin, ABP, SBP, TEBG
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001031
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7382460
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6462
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SHBG is a steroid binding protein that was first described as a plasma protein secreted by the liver and is thought to participate in the regulation of steroid responses. SHBG transports androgens and estrogens in the blood, binding each steroid molecule as a dimer formed from identical or nearly identical monomers (1). Low plasma SHBG levels are associated with obesity, abdominal adiposity, metabolic syndrome, and predict the development of type 2 diabetes (2,3). Polymorphisms in this gene have been associated with polycystic ovary syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus (4).
- 1: Siiteri PK, Murai JT, Hammond GL, et al. The serum transport of steroid hormones. Recent Prog. Horm. Res. 1982; 38:457-510.
- 2: Li C, Ford ES, Li B, et al. Association of testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin with metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance in men. Diabetes Care 2010; 33:1618-24.
- 3: Ding EL, Song Y, Manson JE, et al. Sex hormone-binding globulin and risk of type 2 diabetes in women and men. N. Engl. J. Med. 2009; 361:1152-63.
- 4: Hacihanefioglu B, Aybey B, Hakan Ozon Y, et al. Association of anthropometric, androgenic and insulin-related features with polymorphisms in exon 8 of SHBG gene in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Gynecol. Endocrinol. 2013; 29:361-4.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7935
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin