- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: SHANK3 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human SHANK3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 890 - 940 of SHANK3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: SHANK3 antibody can be used for detection of SHANK3 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three alternatively spliced transcript isoforms of SHANK3 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3 (NIH) Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: SHANK3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SHANK3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: SHANK3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SHANK3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: SHANK3 Antibody: PSAP2, SCZD15, PROSAP2, SPANK-2, DEL22q13.3, KIAA1650, PSAP2, SH3 and multiple ankyrin repeat domains protein 3, Proline-rich synapse-associated protein 2, Shank3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001073889
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 122937241
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 85358
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SHANK3 Antibody: SH3 and multiple ankyrin repeat domains 3 (SHANK3), a member of the Shank gene family, plays a role in synapse formation and dendritic spine maturation. Shank proteins (Shank 1-3) containing PDZ domains are scaffold proteins of the postsynaptic density (PSD) that connect neurotransmitter receptors and ion channels proteins to the actin cytoskeleton and G-protein-coupled signaling pathways. Transcript splice variation in the Shank family influences the spectrum of Shank-interacting proteins in the PSDs of adult and developing brain to ensure normal development. Mutations of SHANK3 are a cause of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and the neurological symptoms of 22q13.3 deletion syndrome.
- 1: Sheng M and Kim E. The Shank family of scaffold proteins. J. Cell Sci. 2000; 113:1851-6.
- 2: Park E, Na M, Choi J. The Shank family of postsynaptic density proteins interacts with and promotes synaptic accumulation of the PIX guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac1 and Cdc42. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 278:19220-9
- 3: Lim S, Naisbitt S, Yoon J, et al. Characterization of the Shank family of synaptic proteins. Multiple genes, alternative splicing and differential expression in brain and development. J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274:29510-8.
- 4: Durand CM, Betancur C, Boeckers TM, et al. Mutations in the gene encoding the synaptic scaffolding protein SHANK3 are associated with autism spectrum disorders. Nat. Genet. 2007; 39: 25-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6835
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin