- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This SGCA antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 239-266 amino acids from the Central region of human SGCA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 43 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SGCA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Alpha-sarcoglycan, Alpha-SG, 50 kDa dystrophin-associated glycoprotein, 50DAG, Adhalin, Dystroglycan-2, SGCA, ADL, DAG2
- Protein Accession Number: Q16586
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6442
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a component of thedystrophin-glycoprotein complex (DGC), which is critical to thestability of muscle fiber membranes and to the linking of the actincytoskeleton to the extracellular matrix. Its expression is thoughtto be restricted to striated muscle. Mutations in this gene resultin type 2D autosomal recessive limb-girdle muscular dystrophy.Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have beenfound for this gene.
- 1: Mendell, J.R., et al. Ann. Neurol. 68(5):629-638(2010)
- 2: Fernandez, K., et al. Am. J. Pathol. 176(1):416-434(2010)
- 3: Klinge, L., et al. Neuromuscul. Disord. 18(12):934-941(2008)
- 4: Delgado-Olguin, P., et al. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1779(1):74-80(2008)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-032
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.