- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This SET07 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 25-53 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human SET07.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 43 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SETD8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: N-lysine methyltransferase SETD8, 211-, H4-K20-HMTase SETD8, Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SETD8, Lysine N-methyltransferase 5A, PR/SET domain-containing protein 07, PR-Set7, PR/SET07, SET domain-containing protein 8, SETD8, KMT5A, PRSET7, SET07, SET8
- Protein Accession Number: Q9NQR1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 25091219
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 387893
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- SET07 is a histone methyltransferase that methylates Lys-20 of histone H4. H4 Lys-20 methylation represents a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression. The nuclear SET07 protein, which associates with silent chromatin on euchromatic arms but shows no association with constitutive heterochromatin, prefers nucleosomes as substrate compared to free histones. It appears that SET07 may play a role in maintaining silent chromatin by preventing neighboring acetylation of H4 tail. Although the SET domain contains the active site of enzymatic activity, both sequences upstream and downstream of the SET domain are required for methyltransferase activity.
- 1: Nishioka, K., et al., Mol. Cell 9(6):1201-1213 (2002).
- 2: Fang, J., et al., Curr. Biol. 12(13):1086-1099 (2002).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-115
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin