- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: P. pastoris
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Asp25-Leu609
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 66.5 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of PBS, pH7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ALB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Serum Albumin, HAS, ALB
- Protein Accession Number: P02768
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 213
- Human serum albumin (HSA), the most abundant protein in human blood plasma, is essential for maintaining osmotic pressure. It is produced in the liver, consists of a single polypeptide chain, with 585 amino acids with 17 tyrosil residues and one tryptophan located in position 214. HSA is organized in three domains, I, II and III, each consisting of two subdomains, A and B. In the physiological states, HSA occurs in two forms – the non-modified HSA with a free thiol group of Cys-34, and the modified (oxidized) form (oHSA), also called human mercaptoalbumin (HMA) and human nonmercaptoalbumin (HNA), respectively. HMA and HNA are in equilibrium, depending on the redox state of Cys-34, and their ratio also varies depending on age and the diseased state. HSA functions primarily as a carrier protein for drugs, steroids, fatty acids, and thyroid hormones, and plays a role in stabilizing extracellular fluid volume.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-690
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $235.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805